Official Rules – Covert Get Quick Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. INTRODUCTION: This is your opportunity to show off your puck shooting skills. The Covert Get Quick Challenge (the “Challenge”) allows you to demonstrate your speed and accuracy using the new Covert QR1 Stick. While complying with these Official Rules, using the Covert QR1 Stick supplied to you free of charge at Participating Locations (defined below), you must hit all five designated targets in as little time as possible. The contestant performing this task in the shortest amount of time will be declared the winner and will receive the grand prize described below. Any person who hits all five targets in 15 seconds or less will receive an instant in-store prize.
2. TO ENTER: To enter, complete all three of the following steps:
(a) Go to a Participating Location. A list of Participating Locations may be found at [www.warrior/com/covertchallenge/participatinglocations]. At each Participating Location, visit the shooting facility at the designated space provided by the Participating Location. At each shooting facility, there will be an official Warrior Get Quick Challenge Net with Target Apparatus (the “Targets”) placed at five (5) locations in a regulation hockey net (6’ x 4’). The Challenge contestant must use the Covert QR1 Stick supplied by the Participating Location to shoot the puck into each of the five Targets. The puck must enter the Target and stay in the netted pockets. The 15 second allotted time period begins when the first shot is taken. The 15 second allotted time period ends upon an elapsed 15 seconds from when the time period begins or upon the last puck enters the last Target pocket, whichever occurs first. The Challenge contestant must stay at least 15 feet away from the net crossbar while shooting and within the shooting lanes provided at the Participating Location. The Challenge contestant may line up an unlimited number of pucks and shoot at the Target using a rapid fire method (including the use, if desired, of the Rapid Shot at PHL); provided, however, that the contestant must be on the Rapid Shot platform provided by the Participating Location at all times with the pucks behind the front edge of the platform.
(b) A contestant’s participation in the Challenge must be filmed using a phone or some other form of video recording that can be uploaded to the Warrior website via the Instagram application. If you do not have a phone or video recording device, you may seek the assistance of the Participating Location representative for use of a video recording device, but the Participating Location is not obligated to provide such a device. The Contestant is solely responsible for filming the Contestant’s participation in the Challenge. The video must be continuously recorded during the Contestant’s entire participation in the Challenge. Both the player and the net must be in the frame during the entire length of the video recording, along with the applicable net targets, so that Warrior can verify that the shots came from the Contestant using the Covert QR1 Stick and went into each of the net’s five (5) Target pockets. Entries must be recorded and uploaded on the designated Warrior website (as further described below) to be considered. Unrecorded entries will not be considered. Warrior is not responsible for any technical or other issues with recording devices or for any human error, by a contestant or any third party, in the recording process.
3. WINNER SELECTION: From August 1, 2014 to the Submission Deadline, all of the qualifying submissions will be viewable at www.warrior.com/covertchallenge. The Contestant who shoots a puck into each of the five (5) designated Targets in the shortest amount of time, based solely on the video submissions and as determined by Warrior in its sole discretion, will be declared the grand prize winner. There will be only one grand prize winner. Warrior will announce the grand prize winner on its website within thirty (30) days following the submission deadline. In addition to one grand prize winner, any Contestant who shoots a puck into all five (5) designated targets in 15 seconds or less will receive an instant in-store prize from the Participating Location. No Contestant may claim more than one instant in-store prize from all of the Participating Locations.
4. PRIZES AWARDED: The grand prize winner will receive, for himself or herself and up to 19 other teammates, private shooting instructions from a professional hockey player selected by Warrior. If a winner is a minor, the prize will be awarded in the name of the winner’s parent or legal guardian. Certain travel restrictions may apply to the grand prize winner and his or her teammates in attending the private shooting instructions, including the grand prize winner. Additional waivers will be required for each person participating in the private shooting instructions. Any Contestant who hits all five designated targets in 15 seconds or less will receive an instant in-store prize, valued at $50 or less. In-store prizes are not subject to exchange, return, refund or credit.
5. ELIGIBILITY: There is no age limitation for eligible Contestants. Contestants under 18 years of age must obtain their parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter this Challenge. Contestants must be legal residents of the United States or Canada. By participating, each Contestant (and if Contestant is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the acknowledgements, agreements and commitments contained herein. The Challenge is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Warrior or any of its affiliates (and members of their immediate families and those living in the same household), employees of any advertising or promotional vendor used by Warrior, and any person involved in the design, execution or production of the Challenge, are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each Contestant (and if Contestant is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees that Warrior will have all rights to copy, edit, broadcast, publish and use, in whole or in part, any entry, copyrighted or copyrightable materials, in any manner without further compensation. The grand prize winner will be notified by email and/or by posting on the website promptly following the submission deadline and determination of the winner by Warrior. Warrior’s determination of the fastest shooter shall be final and binding and is not subject to review, challenge or appeal of any kind. If a winner cannot be located or does not respond to claim the prize within fourteen (14) days after notification, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Winner (and if the winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to sign and return a Winner’s Affidavit of Eligibility and Release Form within seven (7) days of receipt, as a condition to receipt of the prize. In the event of noncompliance, an alternate winner will be selected. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable and no substitutions allowed; except, at Warrior’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. By acceptance of a prize, winner (and if the winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees without limitation to the use of winner’s name, likeness, video image and/or photograph for publicity or marketing and promotional purposes without any additional compensation. Each Contestant (and if the Contestant is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Warrior, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Challenge. In addition, Warrior may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Challenge or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, Warrior, or Warrior’s representatives. Warrior is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Challenge, including but not limited to errors in the advertising, Official Rules, selection and announcement of the winners and distribution of the prize. Warrior reserves the right to terminate or amend this Challenge, in whole or in part, at any time without notice, if any factor, including without limitation virus, bugs, or non-authorized human intervention, interferes with its conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY EQUIPMENT TO BE USED BY CONTESTANTS PARTICIPATING IN THE CHALLENGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WARRIOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: By participating in this Challenge, Contestants (and if the Contestant is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree that Warrior and the Participating Locations and their respective representatives, agencies, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers and employees have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation in the Challenge, the acceptance, award, decision not to award, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or travel related mishaps, accidents or injuries of any kind, regardless of how caused. Nor shall Warrior or the Participating Locations or their employees, agents and representatives, have any liability for any technical, hardware, software failures, unavailable network connections, incomplete transmissions, human error, or any other act or event which may affect the submission by a Contestant or limit or prevent a Contestant from being able to submit a video or otherwise enter the Challenge. Further, by entering, Contestants (or their applicable parent or guardian) agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Warrior and the Participating Locations and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives, from any and all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contestant’s entry or participation in the Challenge. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE PRIZE VALUE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, each entrant agrees (except where prohibited) that, by entering the Challenge, (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Challenge, or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Challenge, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, any punitive, incidental or consequential damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, and any other damages other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any).
8. GOVERNING LAW. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. The parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in, or closest to, Macomb County in the State of Michigan. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
9. WINNER’S LIST. Names of winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules are available upon request by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Warrior, at [_____________________________].